Blepharoplasty is a surgery performed for upper and/or lower eyelids eliminate unnecessary loose skin to the upper eyelids which over time affects the visual fields. If you’re concerned with your lower eyelids due to “baggy, loose” skin and/or “puffiness” this minimal down time procedure will give you the instant results you want achieved for years to come.
Ear Lobe Repair is a relatively simple procedure done to repair torn earlobes back together and allow the lobe(s) of ear(s) to heal back together.
Dr. Sandhu has completed several intensive training sessions under the tutelage of Dr. Roger Amar who developed and pioneered the procedure. Dr. Amar has been successfully performing the procedure on patients in Europe and the United States for over a decade with remarkable results.
What is FAMI?
- FAMI is an acronym which stands for Facial Autografting Muscle Injection System. Fat Grafting is not new, but the technique of grafting refined fat into the 30 muscles of the face using specialized cannulae is a medical/scientific breakthrough which was pioneered by Dr. Roger Amar of the International FAMI Academy.
Why or How Does FAMI Work?
- The reason FAMI is successful, whereas previous facial fat grafting procedures have been variable in their outcomes, is due to the culmination of many years of research and applied scientific and technical breakthroughs in this field. Firstly, the fat which is liposuctioned from the patient is refined using centrifugation which yields the highest stem cell concentration. Secondly, the fat is grafted into the muscles whose vasculature is rich and abundant, thus making it an excellent recipient bed and viable host. Moreover, this virtually bloodless, minimally invasive technique features the use of blunt tip cannulae which are specifically designed for the delicate structures of the face.
Results are very symmetrical and smooth. All of these factors make the FAMI technique an extremely reliable and predictable means of achieving facial rejuvenation.
How Long Does it Last?
- FAMI is so exciting because it successfully addresses the issue of long-term survival of facial fat grafts. Because the quality of the donor fat is monitored and the injection sites are specifically targeted due to their desirable vascularization, patients as far out as seven years have continued to see sustained benefits. In as little as two days, the transplanted fat will be encompassed into the surrounding tissues and the healing process will actually anchor the fat into place as well as provide vascularization from the host tissues.
What is the Recovery Period?
- Basically, since this is a minimally invasive procedure, one of its benefits is the short recovery period. Post-Operatively, patients can expect minimal bruising or swelling and can return to work or their usual activities within a few days. Camouflage makeup can easily hide the bruising which is usually limited to the area around the eyes. At two weeks, there is virtually no residual bruising or swelling present.
What are the Possible Complications?
- Since FAMI is a minimally invasive, virtually bloodless procedure which utilizes a patient’s own fat, the risks and/or possible complications are very low. Although extremely rare, the theoretical possibilities of infection, bleeding, asymmetry, or nerve injury exist.
Who is a Good Candidate for FAMI?
- Patients who have signs of facial aging can benefit from FAMI. In many patients, signs of facial aging are loss of volume resulting in sagging cheeks and jowls, hollow depressions around the orbital regions, bags under the eyes and skeletonization of the face in general. Women in particular tend to notice the effects of aging in and around their mouths and eyebrows. All of these issues can be successfully treated and corrected using the FAMI technique.
- FAMI is a safe, reliable and predictable means of achieving facial rejuvenation by providing a minimally invasive means of restoring the fullness of youth. FAMI can also be combined with other minimally invasive procedures. For any patient who wishes to achieve a total rejuvenation without pursuing a more aggressive means of surgical intervention and all that that implies, FAMI is realistic alternative. Dr. Sandhu has been performing liposculpture and fat grafting for over 10 years and is extremely pleased to be able to offer FAMI to his patients as an alternative to the traditional Facelift.
Fat transplantation may be performed in a physicians office or in an outpatient surgical setting, usually under local anesthesia. Both the donor site (area from which fat is taken) and the recipient site (area to be treated) are anesthetized. A needle attached to a syringe, is inserted into the donor site in a location which has a thick layer of fat such as the thigh or buttocks. Depending on the procedure, the syringe may or may not be attached to a high power suction device. Fat cells, which are aspirated or drawn into the syringe, are carefully reinjected into the recipient site. The process is repeated until the desired amount of fat has been transferred or the defect corrected. A pressure bandage is applied to the donor site and sometimes to the recipient site to prevent blood clots and swelling.
Patients are up and around the day of surgery. The physician, however, must determine when normal activities can be resumed, based on the extent of surgery and the patient’s healing process.
There is minimal pain connected with the procedure and any discomfort is controlled with medications.
Because the fat is transplanted within the same body, problems of rejection or allergic reaction are not factors. Scarring from the injections are minimal, because they are made within the creases of the body whenever possible are rare, patients should discuss possible risks with the physician prior to surgery. In every case, careful adherence to the physician’s instructions will minimize complication.
If you are interested in learning more about autologous fat transplantation, please contact our office and we will be happy to answer you questions.
Laser Sculpting Liposuction – we treat all areas: neck, arms, inner and outer thighs, flanks aka love handles, and chin. Laser Liposuction is the latest method is assisting with removing the unwanted fat utilizing laser technology. This technique involves the use of a heated laser
beam to rapidly liquefy and dissolve the fat causing minimal trauma to the surrounding tissue. As an added bonus the Laser assists with tightening of the skin and surrounding areas where treatment was done.
Mini Lifts or Rhytidecetomy, is a surgical procedure performed to improve the visible signs of aging in the face, and neck. Minimal incisions are made to remove and lightly lift the skin back to its original origin for a more natural revitalized look, instantly taking years
off without visible un natural results. If you’re looking for instant immediate results and you are an ideal candidate, this minimal down time this may be your solution!